Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write an essay on the use of translation apps. You can start your essay with the sentence “The use of translation apps is becomging increasingly popular. ” You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.
On the Use of Translation Apps
The increasing popularity of using translation apps has aroused a heated discussion as to its benefits and drawbacks. Views on the topic var吉祥棋牌_吉祥棋牌app_吉祥棋牌官网y greatly among people from different walks of life. Some believe that it is convenient for understanding foreign languages, but others believe that it does more harm than good.
On the one hand, using translation apps saves time. For example, when you are travelling in a foreign country and you don’t understand their language, using a translation app will help you to understand signs and to communicate with the locals. On the other hand, using translation apps too much may hinder one’s second language acquisition, especially for students. Learning a new language requires hard work and patience. If students have easy access to translation apps, they will probably discard their own thinking and rely on the apps instead.
From my perspective, it is always cheerful to enjoy the convenience brought by technology development. However, in terms of language acquisition, we should realize that we can’t depend on an app in any circumstances and forever. Therefore, it is of greater significance in the long run to acquire a second language on our own.
Q1: What were pe吉祥app_最新版官网下载ople at parts of Scotland advised to do?
Q2: What did the head of road policing urge drivers to do?
1、parts of Scotlandcovered by the orange alert to avoid travel on Wednesday【Q1】,
2、The head of road policingsaid, ‘I wouldurge driversto take extra care on the roads for their journeys. Drivers should ma吉祥电竞_吉祥电竞app_吉祥电竞官网ke sure they are prepared for their journey with warm clothing, food and drink, sufficient fuel and a charged mobile phone.【Q2】
Q3. What is the news report mainly about?
Q4. What did government’s officials propose to do to protect the endangered fish?
3、Romania’s wetlands are coming back to life, thanks to help from local communities, the World Wildlife Fund and funding from the European Union.【3】
4、Government officials proposed to protect the area’s endangered wild fish by issuing a fishing ban over the next decade.【4】
Q5: What happened to Scot a month ago?
Q6: What did Scot ask about when he regained consciousness?
Q7: Why was Scot speechless at the graduation ceremony?
5、He was heartbroken after realizing he’d missed his high school graduation.【5】It was just a month ago that East Juniata High School seniors met in the school’s auditorium for graduation.【5】
6、”I remember waking up in the hospital and asking mom, ‘What day it was’【6】
7、I’m speechless to know that so many people are behind me.”【7】
Q8.Whatdoes the woman say is the disadvan吉祥平台_官方唯一网站tage of working from home?
Q9. What does the man say is counter-productive to getting work done in the library?
Q10. What does the woman like about doing one’s work in a café?
Q11. What is most annoying for c吉祥_吉祥app_吉祥官网afé owners according to the woman?
8. I findan isolation challengingat times, apart from my mother, not too many people I know, have time for phone chat during working hour.【Q8】
9. I find the library a bit too quiet.I’d lack inspiration or stimulation, which would becounter-productiveto getting a lot of work done.【Q9】
10. I lovethe noise, the people, the busynessof a Café,the sense of being out in the world.【Q10】
11. some people seem tospend alot of time there and not order much. The most annoying one for Café owners must truly bethose, usually only two of them, who occupy a table for six with their laptops and paperwork.【Q11】
Q12: What makes the woman think about changing her job?
Q13: What does the man say about people who keep changing their jobs?
Q14: What does the woman say would happen even if she got promoted in her current company?
Q15: What benefit has the woman gain from changing her jobs frequently?
12. Ican’t see myself getting an opportunity to progresson my company anytime in the near future.【Q12】
13. If you do several jobs in a relatively short span of time, perspective employers might see thatyoulack loyalty. That could make them worry and reluctant to employ you.【Q13】
14. Even if I get a promotionat my company, it’s likely to be less sizeable than if I were to get a job elsewhere. Andeven if I get a promotion, I’m not guaranteed to get a raise.【Q14】
15. through having different jobs, I’ve gota lot of experience, and different jobs and in different industries.【Q15】
Hotpot in China has a history of more than two thousand years. In the earliest days, it was only popular in the coldest areas. Later on, it became very common in many areas, and hotpot with local features also appeared. When eating hotpot, family and friends sit around a table and the steaming hot hotpot is placed at the center of it. People can put in the pot meat, seafood, vegetables, as well as other ingredients according to their own tastes. That is, they cook themselves. They also chat as much as they like while enjoying their meal.